Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, August 04, 2008

Work

I decided to nurse Hayden for another month, till he starts on solid foods, and then I will go back on my meds. It is recommended that you breastfeed exclusively for 6 months...but I talked it over with Mom and she says that I gave him a really good start, but I need to think about me, too. And formulas today are so much more advanced. Nutrition-wise they are VERY similar to breast milk. They just don't have the immunization qualities.

I need to get back on track. I was doing so good right before I got pregnant. I was taking all my medications, I was losing weight, I was feeling good. I need to get back on that track. I know that they say to give yourself 9 months to get back to your pre-pregnancy self. I don't really need to worry about the pregnancy weight cuz I have already lost that, basically when Hayden was born, but I hate how stretched out I am. My stomach feels all weird and loose, like water in a Ziploc bag. But my stretch marks are fading pretty quickly. I need to get back on the elliptical. I kinda wish I had gone with my first desire on that and got a stationary bike instead, but it is what it is. We're probably selling it when we move anyway, I'll just get a bike then. But they are relatively inexpensive, maybe I'll use my birthday money to get one, since we're selling the elliptical anyway... I will have to think about it. I just don't like the elliptical and I did really good with Katie's bike before the wedding, just sit there and bike for an hour while I watch SVU... I just wish it were a real bike. I miss being able to ride a bike... I can just hear Matthew... "Are you going to actually USE it?" I wish the gym were open 24 hours, cuz then I could swing by on my way home from work and spend an hour on the bike there, at least thats free! Of course that would mean Matthew would have to put the kid to bed every night. But once he starts sleeping in his bed exclusively, he is going to have to do that anyway... we have to start sloly changing his bedtime to get him somewhat adjusted to the time change. We have some work ahead of us.

No comments: