Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Crib

Tonight is Hayden's first night sleeping in his crib, all night. I am trying to be strong...He is fast approaching 4 months so I know this has to be starting NOW. It is the best thing for all of us, if he starts sleeping in his own bed. It is a bit bitter sweet. I want my bed back, but I will miss him. It will be ok. Two weeks and he will be accustomed to his crib and I will be adjusted to yet another change that distances me a bit more from my baby. He cried for about 25 minutes, then I went in (he was 1/2 asleep) so I could give him his binkie, cuz I know, from experience, that the second I gave him his Binkie he would pass right out. And he did. We put Matthew's Mickey that he got from mom up there. I got a couple CD's worth of lullabies from iTunes and put them in my iPod, so we could hook it up to the Mickey and he could have his music playing like at nap time. I can do this. I will enable him to fall asleep by himself. I will let go just a little, and I will look forward to his smiling face every morning. I will.

No comments: