Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, August 25, 2008

Stupid Smokes-A-Lot Neighbors

I am going to have to do something about the smokes-a-lot neighbors. We have adapted and modified (though I am still VERY worried about when we turn on the heater) and done our best to not have to confront them, and ask them to change their living habits... but now they (I assume its him, not they) have the bass turned up SO high after 9 o'clock. I am so afraid it is going to wake him up. It is so loud and obnoxious. I am so over accommodating them. We have been BEYOND understanding, and yet they have NO respect for their neighbors. None. I just don't know what else to do... A confrontation is coming. Matthew doesn't want me to go make trouble, but I have been more polite than I have ever been before, and I guarantee the first time they wake up Hayden with their bass, there will be a VERY angry Mommy on their front step! I am just so worried about the heater thing. I kinda want to kick them on right now just so I have an idea of what we will be dealing with, if we need to be saving up for some mega purifiers. At least one for Hayden's room. I seriously think about keeping the vents closed in his room and using the space heater. The room is small enough that I think it would be able to keep it plenty warm enough, but then I would be paranoid about the heater overheating, but he have a really nice space heater that will shut off if it gets hotter than its programmed to get. So if I program it for 70 degrees and it reaches 71, it shuts off. Off, off, not just asleep off. So there is a VERY SLIM chance of that happening. I hate that I even have to deal with this.

Edit: it is now 10:56 and their bass is STILL going! If it didn't annoy me so much I would let Matthew turn ours up really high, and when its quiet over thee, but we know they're home we'd just blast it, but I cant stand the sound of just bass... the low frequency really bothers me, and makes it difficult to hear the rest of the sound. I don't know if its a sensitivity, but it starts to hurt me after awhile...

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Just march over there and ask them politely to turn down the bass and please be considerate of children sleeping.

Then you can get all pissed off later if they're still inconsiderate.