Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Saturday, August 16, 2008

Another night down

So the boys did good last night. Matthew was in charge so I could get some good sleep (and I got some GOOD sleep) I told him that Hayden would probably wake up around 1-1:30, so just go in feed him, give him his Binkie and he will pass right back out. And this morning Matthew said that was exactly what happened. And then he woke up again around 5ish, so Matthew fed him and he slept till 7. So he seems to have fallen back into his sleeping routine already, so that makes me feel better about switching him to sleeping on Matthew's side of the bed before I moved him out all together. In those couple weeks he established a good routine, and seems to be sticking to it now that he is in his crib. So My job will be to make sure I get him to bed on time. I started his routine at 8:20 last night and it seemed to really work out well, so I will do the same thing tonight. I have decided that, even though its a lot more work, I am going to start every night with a bath. I don't think I will do a full out bath every night, but I will put him in a warm water bath, rinse him off, just to trigger his bedtime mindset. We just wont have bubbles and ducky toys and such every night, just on Saturdays, like usual, or if he needs to use up some extra energy. I am glad that I started this when I did and I am VERY happy I decided to wait. Now I need to get his naps set on a schedule. They are already, sort of. The first is at 10am usually, then at noon or 1 then at 4 or 5. and then he is awake till bedtime (sometimes not happy, but awake) I like that he is kinda getting on a schedule, it makes my days easier to plan. If I can leave right after his morning nap to run any errands, he does pretty good, cuz towards the end of the trip he is tired and will either fall asleep in the car, or shortly after we get home. Let's see what else? He is starting to consolidate his feedings now. Instead of 3 4 oz feedings, we will do 2 6 oz feedings. So that tells me he is keeping a larger amount of formula down, which makes me feel better too. They said his reflux would get better as his esophagus develops and matures, so I am finally seeing some signs that that is happening. We have started mixing two different formulas together for Hayden, and it seems to be working well. The Lipil AR, which is the thicker formula to help with the spit up, and the Lipil Gentlease, with gentler proteins and less lactose to help with the constipation. So we are hitting our stride here, I think. So the next hurdle is cereal, no not true the next hurdle is doubling his birth weight, because he hasn't done that yet, he is about 3.5-4 lbs off. I am hoping that he will have done that by his appointment on the 3rd so we can start cereal. But I am not TOO worried because he has always been on the small side, so I think he is doing alright. We'll see, he has 2 1/2 weeks till his 4 month appointment, so we have lots of time to put on that weight, and we can always wait till 5 months to start cereal. I'm not really in THAT big of a hurry to do that. We are looking forward to getting Hayden his Aces' jersey. I almost went and got it myself, but I couldn't do that to Matthew. I think he needs to be able to buy Misters his first jersey. We're going to get Boomer 00 on the back. He will look SO adorable. Man, I cant believe its time for that already! Ok, I think that is all I have for now.

No comments: