Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, August 18, 2008

I am absolutely disgusted.

I just finished watching Nastia on the uneven bars... that was an OUTRAGE. I mean, I don't care what countries it was, it could have been China and Romania or Romania and Russia, if two athletes put in two routines that were judged (competently, or not) they were judged to be equal, down to the hundereth of a point, then BOTH of those athletes should receive a Gold medal. They tied, fine, give them BOTH what they earned. I have watched basically everything I CAN watch and I have seen two people win silver medals, because they competed and were deemed equal. I have seen two bronze medals awarded. Why not two gold gymnastics medals? I just don't understand. Does it hurt more cuz it was the US? Sure, but like I said, it doesn't matter the countries, if you tie with another athlete, in the spirit of the Olympics, you should both get medals. Gymnastics pisses me off, but I love to watch it.

No comments: