Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, August 18, 2008

Here is the fight

Ok, I knew it was coming, I knew this was just going too smoothly. Hayden is fighting sleep gums and nail. (What? HE doesn't HAVE a tooth!) No quiet complaining and passing out, tonight is crying...moaning...talking....yelling. Anything to keep himself awake. Oh, well. He will fall asleep eventually/ He cant stay up ALL night. I know cuz he hasn't done it, ever. He'll wear himself out. I guess we should have played a bit long to wear him out, but he was acting tired, and I didn't want him to get TOO tired. I'll give him 20 more minutes and then I'll go in to him, but Saturday marks 4 months, so there isn't going to be anymore going in to his crying. I know he wants his Binkie, but I cant go in every time it falls out of his mouth. Maybe when he is older and he learns that HE is in control of whether or not it stays in his mouth, then it will be easier, but until then, I am not going to stand there and hold it in his mouth. Matthew just wants to tape it to his face, but I reminded him that the tape wouldn't hold cuz of all of the slobbers! LOL. Ok, I believe he is out now. So that wasn't too bad. about 30 minutes of real complaining/crying mix. I was expecting it to be worse. He may be getting used to this falling asleep thing.

No comments: