Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, August 15, 2008

A night of good news.

Hayden had two poopy diapers tonight and had NO problems. Everything was normal, and he didn't strain or anything, so I think that the juice is finally doing its thing. So I am VERY happy about that. And I think we found a good bedtime routine, he seemed to respond pretty well. We took a bath (I don't know if we will make this a nightly thing. Maybe just with warm water, not a bubble bath) and then we did a little massage, and put on our jammies. And we read three books. Two to wind him down and have our final bottle and then I turned on his Mickey and lullabies and read Goodnight Moon, and he passed right out, and has stayed that way. And I feel better about laying him down when he is almost asleep, than to lay him down and let him cry... We don't go in to him after he is put down, till after 1am, at that point when he wakes up at whatever time, we go in and feed him and let him go back to sleep. It seems to be working. And its nice to spend some time with Matthew without being interrupted. So I am afraid to hope that this is going to go smoothly... It seems to be going better than I thought it would, but its only the second night... I want to get this set and then we can try to get his bedtime adjusted earlier.

No comments: