Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, August 06, 2008

My Poor Baby

He had some hard poopies this morning. It was horrible cuz there wasn't anything I could do to make it easier for him. His face was getting all red and he was crying. I think I was twice as relieved as he was when he finally passed it. The first part was all hard and there was a little spot of blood where it torn him a little, I about cried! I think we ALL know how that feels, which makes it even worse. But once the hard part was out the rest was all normal... I know its because we are transitioning him over to formula. Which makes me feel even worse for making this decision the way that I did. It makes me feel so selfish because now my decision is literally causing him pain. I left a message with his PCM (Primary Care Manager, for you non-military people) so I am waiting to hear back from them to see if they want to see him, or if there is something I can do to make this transition a little easier for him. I don't think I can give him juice quite yet... I have read that I could put some Karo syrup in his formula and it acts as a stool softener, but I am not going to do that unless his PCM says its ok. This is the first hard stool he has ever had, and he didn't seem at all uncomfortable yesterday. He didn't go poopy at all but that is fairly normal for him. He usually just has one really big poopy a day, and sometimes he doesn't go at all, and that's his norm. He doesn't have a fever. I didn't do a rectal temp though, cuz I figured his butt was just too sore right now. I figured mine would be, so I couldn't bare putting something back up when he had just suffered so much to get it out! So I did it in his armpit and it was 98.0 F so I figured a rectal would be about normal. So now its a waiting game, to see if he has another hard poopy, for the doctor's team to call, and for Julie, my Baby Advisor, to return my email. But he is sleeping now, he went poopy and fell right to sleep. I hope he's not dehydrated...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Emily, once a mom...always a mom and you will NEVER EVER stop worrying about your children. Case in point...I (we) worry about you guys with the leaving Military life to civilian life and finding health insurance and all. After you successfully tackle that, it will be on to our next worry. Its simply being a loving parent.

Laurie