Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Russia vs. Georgia

This whole thing makes me sick to my stomach. I have never paid attention to anything so hard. We just need to mind our own business... Keep any effort purely humanitarian. I know the chances are VERY slim that should something happen that Matthew would be sent anywhere. Alaska is close enough that they would do any live loading here anyway. Which also scares me because we are so close, they could do the same to us. As much as it would hurt me, I would pack us up and fly us home. If there was a risk of it spilling over (if the US doesnt keep their nose out of it) I am NOT staying here. My SON is NOT staying here. So its in the back of my head, and in the pit of my stomach. I know exactly what Matthew would say, which is what I have already said here, but it doesnt stop the worry. Even if he knew something, he wouldnt be able to tell me.But I think i we were any real danger, he would tell me, because I believe he would support my decision to get out, to take our babies and leave.

We dodged a bullet for next year cuz his shop is planning a 4 month deployment. I dont know where to, but I am SO glad he wont have to do that! I told him if he did, I would be going home for 4 months. There is just no way I could be here, alone, for 4 months. He says that's what a lot of wives do, and then they never come back. He says he knows a few guys who got a phone call saying "I'm not coming back" Goes back to the "Poopy Head" blog. Its just common place. People cant handle it.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

It's so hard to say what's going to happen to our country in the next few months.

It's scary for everyone.