Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

State fair

Matthew has been REALLY wanting to ride the railroad and he wanted to make sure that he did it before we left. I don't really know f it mattered WHERE we went, but I know he would have like to go north to Denali, but its just too much money to do that, so we are going to take the train to the State Fair on the 23rd. Which I am SOO ok with cuz then we don't have to drive the hour to Palmer, using OUR gas (cuz prices are not going down here, we are still at $4.36/gal) and we don't have to deal with parking (which is a nightmare) and we don't have to pay extra for parking that's like a mile away from the fairgrounds. On the train they have a station right at the entrance. So it should be fun. It is Target Family Day at the Fair (yes, that's Target, the store, Day) They are really hyping up the store openings in October. One more reason why I WONT be going to the new Target, unless its WAY early in the morning when no one will be there, and that is still only after a couple months. Just in time for Christmas shopping... maybe I wont be going to the new Target... Anyway, its Target Day so there are going to be some pretty awesome fireworks, but I don't think we will be staying that long. They don't start till after 10 pm and that is already too late for the Misters to be up, and then we would have to watch the show then still have the ride home... too much, so we opted not to stay that long and take the early train home. Plus that's a pretty long, boring day at the Fair.

On a side note, and to whet your appetite for Picture Thursday, I may have taken THE best picture of Matthew with the Misters this week. Watch out for it. I am totally getting extra copies to have framed!

And on the other side, I have had some ask about why I call him Misters. Its because all the nicknames I have given him start with Mister (i.e. Mister Stinkies, Mister Milkface, Mister Slobbers) So I have encompassed all nicknames into Misters or Little Misters. So there you go.

1 comment:

Julie, Brian, Addy & Evan said...

Evan has a bunch of nicknames too - Fuss, Mr Fuss, Teeny Tiny Little Mister Guy, Mister Guy, Teeny Tiny and Chubbs. :)