Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Mornings?

Ok, someone needs to tell my child that Mommy doesn't DO mornings. He has started waking up pretty regularly at 7 am now. 7 AM? Seriously? What happened to 10 am? I could believe THAT baby was MY baby. But 7 am? Yuck. It wouldn't be so bad I guess if I would go to sleep at night. Since he has been sleeping in his crib, I have been reveling in my new found night time freedoms, and staying up to watch TV... I guess I could stop. As soon as the Olympics are over! LOL.

He was a bit of a pain last night. He woke up a bit after 3 am, so I went in to feed him, but he wasn't interested in eating, he just wanted to talk, so I put him back in the crib, cuz we are awake to eat not to talk. So then he laid there and got all upset so I figured he was hungry, finally, but I put the bottle in his mouth and he starts talking again, so back into the crib and I went back to bed. Then the crying started. I knew it would cuz he didn't eat, so I let him cry for awhile, and he eventually fell asleep, and then woke up, about an hour later, screaming, so I went in to feed him (he HAS to be hungry by now, its been 7 hours since he ate last)... nope he just wanted to be held. He ate a little but I put him back down and he got this look on his face... sad and scared, and started crying again...not like a protest cry, it was a desperate cry, like "please don't leave me alone here" cry and combined with that look, I think maybe he had a bad dream... it was almost 5 by this point and I was exhausted so I just brought him in bed with me. I tried to just rock him to sleep, but I fell asleep in the chair... I know I am not being consistent, but he SO clearly didn't want me to leave him there, and since he hasn't been like that at all so far, I couldn't leave him. If I thought he just didn't want to go back to sleep or whatever, I would have left him, but he looked like he was scared and I don't want him to be frightened.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

That would be a tough balance, trying to figure out when he's just being ornery and when he actually needs comfort. Looks like you're figuring it out though!