Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Storage

So I sorted through all of Hayden's clothes to pull out the newborn and 0-3 month sizes. In my denial I have been not doing it cuz I didn't want him to be getting bigger already. He is definitely into 3 month clothes. Most 0-3 mo clothes go to 12 lbs and he is just over the 12 lb mark so some of them fit, most all of them didn't. He is on the smaller end of the scale, but I guess I want him to stay my little baby for a bit longer. I mean, don't get me wrong, I am excited for the next phase. When he starts to do more on his own, starts to crawl and get toofers and do more and more things on his own, but I will miss my little baby. He is such a big boy now. I got a Bumbo seat (thanks for that Julie, I LOVE it!) and he just sits there, so patiently, watching me do whatever I am doing. I guess the next step is getting him to sleep in his own bed... I am going to start out putting him in the Pack'n'Play in our room for a couple more weeks, till he is a a little more comfortable with sleeping by himself, and then we will move to his own room and working on letting him fall asleep on his own. But that is a couple weeks off. I would like to have him in his own crib by the time Matthew's family comes to visit. Mom sent up a bunch of my books from when I was little, so we have a MUCH BIGGER variety of stories to read at night. I know he doesn't know the difference but I can read Brown Bear, Brown Bear so many times in one week!

So anyway, this sorting has led to going through his bottles and everything that he has grown out of. We're hanging on to everything, for now. I haven't decided on the bottles yet, but we will probably hang on to those too, for the next one. No sense in buying all new clothes f the next one ends up being a boy, and a lot of it is unisex like all the rubber ducky stuff, so I just cant bring myself to get rid of it. So this has planted the bug of going through everything. We have a little over 160 days until we move, and I have a LOT of STUFF. Its in my genes to be a pack rat. I just need to honestly go through everything and get rid on some stuff. Plus we are going to be starting on taking stuff down off the walls, and patching holes and things like that, so we have a head start. I mean it is already August! We have 4 real months to get these things started, and we all now how I love to procrastinate! I just cant believe it is already August. This year seems to be going by faster than last year did!


Oh, and I am torn between a train party and a monkey party.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Monkey! I vote for Monkey!

Choose the Monkey!

Julie, Brian, Addy & Evan said...

Bumbo Pics Bumbo Pics!!! I want Bumbo Pics!!

Also I recommend keeping all your clothes if you can (boy and neutral), but get rid of ones you didn't really like. Get rid of the brown nipples and keep the clear silicone ones. The brown ones don't keep well but the clear ones do.

I also vote Blues Clues, oh wait I
mean monkey :P
Julie