Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, August 15, 2008

The Next Morning

Hayden did really good last night. He woke up once at 4:30 and I fed him and he fell right back to sleep. I know understand why they say to have NOTHING in the crib with him, because when I went in I found him turned a complete 180 degrees from the way I left him and all the way up in the upper left hand corner of the crib! I guess I am going to have start putting him don at the bottom of the crib so he can work his way up... Anyway, he then slept all the way to 7, when the f*#%ing revelry starting playing and woke him up. I knew it would, but there isn't anything I could do about it cuz its coming from his room's side of the house. I guess its just one more thing we have to adjust around. So I went and got him and he slept with me for about 2 1/2 hours, till Matthew came to bed. Hayden wakes up when Daddy comes to bed and that's their happy time cuz Hayden is all smiles, an he tells Daddy about his dreams from that night while I go put my contacts in and wash my face and such. SO needless to say, Hayden did better than I did. I was nervous. I woke up at every little sound...I finally had to put my earplugs in again. ( I can hear him crying, but not the little sleepy moans) I just couldn't sleep. And then I was awake for about an hour after I had finished feeding him... I am afraid tonight will be a little rougher, but Matthew will be here to help me out. He is a bit nervous about when to go in and when not to and such...But I will feel better knowing he is here cuz then My brain will know that if I am asleep, and I don't hear him crying (which is impossible, but that's the thought that keeps me awake) I know that Matthew is here and he will check on him or feed him or whatever, just in case I apparently die in my sleep, cuz that's the only thing that would prevent his crying from waking me up... So as everyone expected, Hayden did good, I was pseudo-weak, but did as well as I could or the first night, and now the first night is behind us and it will never happen again and we work towards the independent night, knowing that tonight, we are closer to that point than we were last night, and that is something.

No comments: