Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Pumpkin Ban!?!

Ok, so its not really a ban but it might as well be!!! The Wildlife Officers on base have issued a notice that Halloween pumpkins can only be displayed outside from October 29 through November 2nd. That's it? 5 days of Halloween fun? Cuz moose LOVE pumpkins, and come into housing to eat the pumpkin treats, we cant have pumpkins outside. You can have artificial pumpkins outside and real pumpkins inside, but that's not natural. And to top it all off, if you decide to defy the new ordinance it will result in a $110 fine. $110 pumpkin? Ruin my Halloween. Oh, AND they made Trick-Or-Treating at 3 o'clock in the afternoon. WHAT!?!?!?!?! Who is home at 3pm except a few stay at home moms and people who are sleeping cuz they work the night shift!?! I mean I realize they want to do it when there is more light, so its safer, and I realize that if they make it around 4 or 5 pm there is A LOT of traffic cuz that's rush hour on base, when people are getting off work, but is a bit ridiculous. And I am kinda peeve, cuz I bought all this candy for the kids, which neither me OR Matthew need to be eating, but neither of us are going to be available to answer the door. Matthew isn't going to wake up to do it, that's right in the middle of his night, and I am not going to be home, even if I was the doorbell would be ringing constantly, waking him up anyway... Halloween is shaping up to be a big fat let-down.

No comments: