Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, October 21, 2007

Ok, so I went to the more traditional church today, and it was a bit TOO traditional for me. I don't know if I liked it. Which is a bummer cuz its more convenient than the other one and the service starts later... But I cant go if I feel uncomfortable. Which I really did, not because I was the new one, but It was horribly long and the Pastor wasn't mic'ed up so I could barely hear anything that was going on. So I don't know. I mean I can live with it, but I hate to settle. But I like that its right on Boniface, instead of in town, especially when it starts to snow. I guess since I have Sundays off I could go to the later service at the other church I was going to try, that would give me some time to get there if the weather sucks... Shopping for a new church kinda sucks. Oh, well, it has to be done. Anyway, the service was the communion service I remember from when I was little, so much so that when we sang "This is the Feast" I flashed back to sitting by grandma and grandpa and playing with the gorilla/monkey ladder thing so always had in her purse, and the dolls with the big heads and lots of hair. And I had to choke back the tears at the thought of grandpa. I almost had to leave... Strange how a song can transport you so vividly to another time and place, isn't it?

2 comments:

Amanda said...

It was the Flintstones with the ladder. Funny, I had the same thing happen to me today with grandpa while riding my motorcycle.

Ems said...

You know I never knew that. I never knew what they were.