Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

First Day...

went Jim dandy. My drawer balanced a-ok o0n the first try so that is always good. My feet are KILLING me!!!!! And my knees. And because of the joys in my life it decided to snow for the first time. Not a whole lot but enough to bring out the snow-tards. On the day I HAVE to leave the house. But it is nice to be among the people again. I absolutely HATE not knowing what to do. And Connie doesn't really give me any credit to logical thinking, but I can understand why that would be. I am sure that she has had to deal with a few dumb people in training, as I have, so I can relate. But the thing that really bugged me (Besides Bunky, but I'll get to her, yes, her) was that every time I was helping someone, or recommending a product or answering a question she would come over and hover. And butt in to my answers. I am pretty sure I had it handled. I know how to sell product, trust me, give a me a few more days to get the computer system down and I will show you what I can do.

So then there's Bunky. i have no idea if that is her real name, but Bunky? Are you serious? How am I supposed to talk to you when your name is Bunky? Anyway, Jen and I already don't like her. It was so funny cuz Bunky was talking and I was just rolling my eyes and trying to find an out, leaving Jen to fend for herself. And while this may not be good friend etiquette, but I have dealt with her all day. And about 30 seconds later Jen walks over and she's like "I don't think I like her." I'm just like "yep." So we'll see how THAT goes. She started on Saturday, so she is training too, so we will be working together for at least two weeks. But she was a good for one thing, gossip. Apparently, about a year ago a certain ex-boss of mine had Ralph arrested also. Yeah, I know. And please take this with a grain of salt, as I did, cuz you know how gossip is. Anyway, apparently they got in a big fight in the store, and she started hitting him and he defended himself and I guess hit her back, so she called the cops. Had him arrested at the 5th Ave store. (sound familiar?) Told the cops 'This n***er hit me' and n-word this and n-word that. At first when she was telling me this, I was thinking ok this sounds familiar, and I thought maybe she was talking about me. You know, the story got told so many times my name got replaced with his, and you know the telephone game syndrome. So I was like "when did this happen?" and she said about a year ago. So I am curious to know if he is still there. I mean if he is he is stupider than I thought. But the good thing is that I was ok with hearing about her. I mean, I didn't tremble or anything.
But all-in-all, it was a pretty darn good day. Except for my feet. The feet are NOT doing well.

1 comment:

Laurie (Mom) & Jim (Dad) said...

Emily, you are so good at retail. Give em hell!!!! Show em what you got!!!! YOU are a born salesman.