Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, October 18, 2007

Marie's update

I went in for a second interview today. Kinda a wrap up and we discussed details like pay rate and things like that. And she went into a little more detail as to why she has been a bit hesitant to call me. And this definitely WAS NOT a surprise, but after the LA scandal, Lori called Mary (and everyone else around town) to tell them not to hire me. Not surprised at all since every time she "fired" Ralph, she did the same thing. But from the beginning of this process I was totally honest about what happened, and wasn't trying hide anything, cuz Mary even said that I was not obligated to tell her anything, but I told her that I have nothing to hide. This terrible thing happened to me, but I cant change that, so I learned my lessons that came from it, took those with me, and am trying my best to move on from it. I am not going to lie, I am not going to hide it from her, I have no reason to. Anyway, she has another person that she has been considering, but she is making her decision tomorrow, and I will hear by 3pm either way. But she was very positive. And we ended up talking, just on a personal level, about the company, and how it is a family company. At its core it is family, and the people who work there are family, but it is also very by the book in its business practices. (Which is a refreshing change) And has high expectations of its employees. Which I can totally appreciate. It just seems like the place I so wanted LA to be. What I was fighting against the tides to make it, what it would never be able to become. I am just saying my silent prayers... And she was totally cool with the being PG thing. She just asked me what my intentions for maternity leave would be. And I told her straight out I will return to work as soon as I can, because I have to, I wish I had the choice, but we are a two income household. When I come back it might be part time, to start out, but I will be back as soon as I can. So I am nervous, but I don't know. If this doesn't happen, I am going to be devastated. But I think that knowing Jen, and having her endorsement is definitely a plus for me. Because Mary trusts Jen's opinion 100 times more than what Lori could ever tell her about me. (Which wouldn't be much unless she started lying) But I told Mary that I was just sick of hiding from my past. From hiding from Lori. And that I was ready to take my life back. And she told me that I have absolutely no reason to hide from anything, so I think that was a good sign. But I don't want to get my hopes up any higher or else it is going to HURT when/if I come crashing down.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I want this so much for you.