Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Saturday, October 27, 2007

Ok, now that I have a little more time, I can expand on why I thought I had cancer. So the hospital was trying to get a hold of me on Thursday, but our phones are so weird and businesses and stuff cant get through. I don't know why. It is only certain places, but oh lets let in all the telemarketers and no number calls! Anyhoo, the hospital gets a hold of Matthew at work, and tells hi to tell me to call them, cuz there was an issue with my blood tests. And they give him two numbers, one to Maj. Ostrand and another to a Capt Leader. So I call Ostrand first since she is the one I had my appointment with. No answer. So I call the other one and I hear this voice message "You have reached the dysplasia Clinic. If you are calling to make an appointment please leave your name"....blah blah blah. Dysplasia, huh? That sounds familiar, what is it? At this point I am sitting in the parking lot at work. I call mom. Mom looks it up, cant find it. Says she'll call me back. I am trying to hold in the tears, thinking they found yet another thing wrong with me. I go inside. Mom calls back tells me that it is precancerous cells on the cervix. I lose it. No rational thinking allowed at this point. I am literally on the floor of my new work bawling. Because I hear cancer and link that with the fact that they got this from my blood test...everyone following this panic train of thought?? So at this point, I have not gotten a hold of either person. I am convinced that I have inherited more from my mom than the gap in her front teeth, and now she knows it too. I FINALLY get a hold of the Capt Leader person, and she tells me that my blood sugar was a little high and that I needed to come in to do another test. WHAT?!?!?!? that's IT? I am convinced I am dying and all it is is a glucose issue?? So I call mom back, she starts crying in relief, which sets me off again. And now I have to go and explain all of this to the people I just met four days ago, that I am not crazy, that there was a problem with my tests, and that we thought it was worse than what it was. And I don't want to downplay Gestational Diabetes or anything, but it doesn't seem that bad when a moment before you thought you had cancer. Well, not I know how I will react if I ever do get that news...not well. All I have to say is that maybe that isn't the BEST outgoing message to put on the voicemail if you get calls from people who DON'T HAVE dysplasia. If you are going to give that number to a variety of people, maybe you say something else. Just a thought.

No remember that I said all rational thinking was out the door at that point. If I had thought about it I would have realized that there was no way that was possible and that you cant detect cervical cancer in your blood, and considering my pap in July was fine, all of this ridiculous. But why else would they refer me to that clinic, i was thinking. Anyway, I have to get to work.

No comments: