Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, July 09, 2004

Yeah, I'm doing it again

So we are trying to open a new spa here on the south side. It is gonna be awesome, but we are doing so much work. We have been running between the spa and the salon and the warehouse... I cant sleep because i keep thinkin of all the stuff I didnt get done today and that I left for Rohnie to do tomorrow. And I want to go in tomorrow to help work. This is so sad. Why do I let work do this to me? I let it become my whole life. Which right now isnt a terrible thing cuz it at least gives me something to do. Other than sit around and miss home and eat and watch tv. But unemployment was fun while it lasted. But it did get old. It is nice to be among the humans again. OH! I almost forgot. I rang up a lady today who had a tigerhawk on her checks. I asked her "Are you from Iowa?" I think I caught her off gaurd. SHe's like "What? No.' I was like "Oh well, I saw the tigerhawk on your check..." And she goes "oh that, my husband is from Iowa. I am surprised that you knew what that was." So i told her I was from Iowa and that I had just graduated from the U of I and the check tugged my heart strings. Anyway, her husband is from Independence and a huge Hawkeye fan. So that was nice to see a bit of home. It made my day.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I first read that as "a tigerhawk on her cheeks". I was slightly confused.