Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, July 01, 2004

Road Rage

So I had my first real experience with road rage. I am still shaking so if I am not typing well, I apologize. So I was driving home from my interview, which I will discuss later when I calm down, And there is lots of construction everywhere during the summer here so you have to be very aware of what is going on around you. Well, traffic was sucking as always and I was on the main highway and there are various roads to to onto this highway. Well, I was following behind a 5th wheel and we were blocking one of these intersections. This guy in a big Dodge truck was appartently in a really big hurry and honked at us, me in particular to move. Yeah, where was I going to go I had a camper in front of my and a dump truck behind me. I wasnt going anywhere. So I just looked at him and shrugged in what I thought was an apologetic manner. Apparently he took it differently. The dump truck let him in as is the way things work here. I have learned that there is a system to lettoing people go. Anyway, this jackass gets rifght up on my ass end. Not a good idea in a construction zone. You never know when you will have to stop. We came up on an intersection and the light was turning yellow so I slowed down with speedy right on my ass. I admit I was going to try to go through the light but the construction lady signaled for me to stop so I did. Turbo didnt like that Idea and almost hit me. Then I look at the mirror and he is all looking around his truck, I figure he is going to write down my plate numbers. Fine, whatever, I was doing what I was supposed to. The light turned green but the construction people werent out of the way yet. I hear "GoBitch!" Yep its my friend behind me. He's reaching for what looked like his door handle and I was freakin out. Now I realize in hindsight that he wouldnt get out since he wanted to go so bad but I was still scared. So he is still riding my tail. Finally another lane opens up. the one I need to be in and he races past me to get into it and aheadf of me so I just let him go. He flipped me off on the way by. I just glared. He really pissed me off. I kinda keep an eye on him just so I dont do anything more to piuss him off. He gets into the turning lane which puts him right next to me. This is it he is going to shoot me. I rooled up my windows to drown out his profanities. I just smiled and blew him a little kiss as I drove on. Which also in hind sight was not the thing to do, but I was pissed. But hindsight is always 20/20 as Jeff Kauffman would always say. I was really shaken up. I am stillnot real great at getting around this place so I really dont need any of that. I dont know if he ever found a pen to write down my plates. I dont know what would happen if he did. Its his word against mine and I have a clean driving record so whatcha gonna do? Sorry for any sweariing. But I am going to make some food and calm my nerves and then we will discuss my interview.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I hate people like that. I was backing out of my driveway the other morning - I always stop and look both ways at the end of my driveway (I've learned my lesson) and then I back out into the street at somewhat of an angle. I stopped to look over at Mike's, just in case he was leaving for work, too, so I could wave. I didn't see anyone, so I look up and this plumbing truck is sitting right on my front bumper. He is giving me this dirty look like I did something wrong. So I'm all flustered because I think I pulled out in front of him but I know he was the one who pulled right up to my bumper, because of the angle I was at to my driveway. Why would he do that? Anyway, I was so upset, I almost hit a pedestrian at the end of the street. I forgot to look for them coming from the east, since all the pedestrian traffic is usually coming from the west towards the hospital in the morning. Stupid people.