Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, July 16, 2004

Birthday Blues

Ok so you all knew that it was coming.  And so did I, but it just hit me today, really.  Tomorrow is my birthday.  I should be going to the Field House or Brother's cause that is what we did when it was somebody's birthday.  We would get pitchers of beer and dance the night away.  That what birthdays are for.  I know there is a bigger picture and all that, but bear with me while I wallow in self pity.  I am supposed to have a cake that my mommy made for me, with some childish character that I picked out, drawn oh so carefully in frosting.  I am suppposed to goto Peking with the fam and have chinese food.  And see Grandma laugh.  ANd Calvin run around like crazy. And see Cassie try to control her kids and Uncle Tim beam with pride at his grandchildren.  To see mom forget troubles for awhile and dad come in late but make it from work.  There is a system to how my life worked.  I miss that system.  I got a card from Grandma today.  I couldnt resist opening it.  There was a letter.  She told me about spending Grandpa's birthday with Rach.  HSe wrote "He would have been 75.  Grandpa loved birthdays."  So that is what started all of this.  Dont think that I take being with Matthew for granted or anything like that.   You all understand.  I am sure.    But we are going to go out for supper and go to a movie.  I dont know which one.  I, Robot most likely.  But I still havent seen Harry Potter.  So we will see.  Yep, happy birthday, Emily.  Quit whining.
 
 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

22 years ago I naively couldn't imagine having enough love for another child when I loved my first beyond reason. Then Emily was born, and I knew how silly that worry actually was! I miss you more than I want you to know. So I wish for you on this first birthday without a hug from your mother (sniff), a beautiful day, with the promise of many new and cherished friends, contentment in the knowledge you are where you belong and confident that you are loved and deeply missed by the family that prays for you and treasures you every day. Happy 22nd birthday, baby, I'll be with you in your heart. Love, Mom

Amanda said...

Beyond reason, huh?



Happy belated birthday! The card is (finally) in the mail!

Ems said...

Sure make it about you. It's always about you! LOL