Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Saturday, July 17, 2004

Happy Birthday

Happy birthday to me,
happy birthday to me,
happy birthday dear Emily
happy birthday to me....
 
Another year has come and I dont know how next year can top this year.  I called mom and dad yesterday.  Dad aked me if I wanted to come home yet and my mouth said no.  I was shocked.  I know thats not what my head or my heart was saying.  I do want to come home.  I do.  I miss everyone so much.  But I said no.  Like it was silly for him to ask.  It wasnt at all.   But you know there are times that sneek into my being miserable and mess it all up.  Times when I look around and think this isnt so bad.  I have a nice little life here.  This isnt so bad.  You know I do have a nice little life here.  I am actually pretty happy expect for the sickening homesickness.  Huh, who would have thought homeSICKNESS would be sickening?  I'm so dense sometimes.  I have a good job.  I have a wonderful husband who thinks the sun rises and sets just for me.   I may have found that my future is in buisness.  There are only a few things missing.   People.  People who mean so much to me that I want to burst with love whenever I think about them.   People who made my life so rich for the last 22 years.  Thye paople with whom I have shared a million tears and countless laughs.  The people who made me what I am and who I am.  Time stops for no one.  It will keep moving  until it is no more.  And it is all we can do to keep up.  We dont know what it will bring to us, but we know it will not be more than we can bear.  So here is to a new year.  May it find us all with new hope, new laughs, and less tears.  May you be as blessed in your years as I have been in mine. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Emily, okay you did it this time (wink)...where was the tissue alert for this blog? You have a beautiful way with words, Sweetie, and we are so very proud of you. I know I tell you that all the time and it is from the heart. I personally know just how much you do mean to Matt (cuz he told me). It is fun to read your blog and watch you two start your lives together. Its like deja vu all over again. Remember one thing, communication is one of the keys to a happy, fulfilling marriage and on those days where you are taken over by the homesickness, Matt has been there and done that...he will help you through. Here is much love and happiness for you and Matt. CHEERS!!!

Love,
Laurie

Amanda said...

Me, too. The missing stuff, I mean.