Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, July 04, 2004

Camping with Bob Ross

We went camping this weekend. I meanreal camping like tents and having to catch our dinner. Trout is really good cooked in a fire that you made. Heehee. One thing I do miss is indoor plumbing. It has been a long time since I have had to cop a squat in the woods. I found the key is to just get right on the egde of having to go so that you can do it real fast before the mosquitoes have time to realize that you have beared flesh you have not bathed in DEET. We packed up early though because some really horribly noisy people showed up and parked it in a space a little way from us. So we came home. But the area was really pretty. Matt wants to go back next week, but i dont know. I mean I would like to but I dont want to go campoing with Aunt Flo especially with no bathrooms. Its just gross. But anyway, we were over on Fort Rich. It was this pretty lake and all surrounded with mountains. I get asked all the time what it is like to live in Alaska. And I dont really know what to say. I mean how do you describe it? You really cant truely realize the beauty until you have been here. But Last night looking over the lake and the mountains, I felt like I was looking at a Bob Ross painting. And that is what it is like. It is like living inside a Bob Ross painting. I love taking pictures. When I leave here, I am going to have about a billion scenery pictures. But that is ok. Someday I will be glad I took all those pictures. Hopefully I will get some of these pictures up on here soon. Take care all.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

"We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents" kinda takes on a whole new meaning in that context, doesn't it? :)