Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

One day at a time...

I have decided that my stress is rooted in my fears of moving. I am not stressed, I am scared. And that is an important difference. Because I AM scared. I am more scared about this move than I was about moving to Alaska. Of course, there are LARGE differences between the two. At least I will be closer to home. I keep telling myself, I will be closer to home, I will be closer to home. I just need to do this the same way I have done everything else, one day at a time. I have gotten through everything else that way. I have gotten through the last 4 years away from home, one day at a time. I have gotten through the last 2 years, since L.A., one day at a time. And I will get through this one day at a time... And I will continue to sort and clean and make my lists because it is my way to deal with my fears. Because it is the only thing I know how to do. I will continue to do what I can because it is the only thing I can do. And sink or swim, we will do this together. Because that is how we have done everything. We will do this as a family, and we will do our best... People do it all of the time. We can too.

Am I trying to convince you, or myself?

No comments: