Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, September 03, 2008

4 month Appointment

Everything is really good. Hayden is 25 inches long and weighs 14 pounds 1 ounce. Dr. Treaver was VERY impressed with with Hayden's head control (thank you Bumbo seat) and he just kept saying what a wonderful baby he was. (He has NO idea HOW wonderful) and he said that his face is very symmetric, was I found VERY interesting. I wonder if that's why everyone thinks he is so adorable? Cuz everyone he comes into contact with gushes over him (it makes me feel guilty sometimes, but only for a second cuz he's my baby and I'm proud that everyone thinks he is adorable) Because thy have done studies on symmetry where they present a series of pictures of people, and the test subjects are to rate the attractiveness of the person in the picture. The majority of people rated the picture of the people with symmetrical faces the highest, so they concluded that symmetry is a marker of attractiveness. (See I DID learn something in college!) I just thought that was interesting, mainly because I had prior knowledge of that study. Anyway, Dr. Treaver wanted to stay and just play with Hayden all day long. Cuz of course he was smiling and talking and being himself. He did pretty well with the shots. I gave him a bit of Tylenol before hand so his reaction to them hasn't been so severe. He was just so stiff and sore last time. Anyway, he just cried as he was getting the shots, but he was done as soon as we left the room, cuz I laid him down to put his pants back on and he was smiling again. The Ped's system was down today so if you didn't have your immunization card with you, you couldn't get the shots today and i was surprised at how many people didn't have the card with them. "Oh, they didn't tell us to bring them." Um, yes they did, when they handed it to you they said "Always bring this with you to your appointments. Just in case." So I always leave it in his diaper bag, that way I don't forget, and so I had my card today and Hayden got his shots. They still didn't have one, I cant remember which one... Hib, I think is what she said. Yes, that's right. There is a shortage, so he hasn't had that one at all yet. I don't know what it is for, but no one seems too concerned (except me, because I don't really know what it does) that he hasn't had it yet. I guess that's it. He is a tough little guy, and did a good job.

Yesterday we went to the Aces' office to see Anna and get a total on what our ticket would be. We stayed for almost an hour cuz Anna was playing with Hayden. But we go a nice surprise cuz she entered us in for Season Tickets even though we wont be here for the whole season, and then we can just cancel them when we leave so we aren't going to have to pay as much as we thought, and we get all of our STH perks. Mom's seat is reserved for the Vegas series. And preseason is reserved so yay. We are all set on that. I haven't gotten Hayden's onsie yet, or his jersey, which is going to be ridiculously big on him. I don't even know if we should get one, but I dare not say that to Matthew! I'll just wait and see if he suggests the same because I know this is important to him, and I don't want to be the rain on his hockey parade.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Get the jersey. It will go in his "cedar chest".

Julie, Brian, Addy & Evan said...

Hib is Haemophilus Influenzae Type B - basically bacterial meningitis. So just be sure to get it as soon as its available. We don't have a shortage down here so you can more than likely get him caught up as soon as he gets home. Actually you should ask your WIC office about it - maybe the dept of health has some available.