Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Stupid nurse

So the stupid nurse never called me back today. Which really pisses me off, but at least I know now that a 3 hour wait at the ER results in a guarantee that I will be seen by someone, whereas a call to a nurse results in an all day wait with no results. I'd rather wait all day in the ER knowing that I would have some answers than the "connivance" of calling in. So lesson learned there. Good news is that I haven't had anymore cramps since early this afternoon, and my boobs still hurt like a M-F**ker so that's got to be a good sign. But I will probably go in the Women's Health and take Julie's advice and request an HCG test. Or at least know the results of my last blood test. I hate the military hospital. I wish I could go somewhere else, preferably Providence, but if I do then Tricare wont pay for it. Which sucks. So I am stuck. But in the good news column, my friend Jen may have hooked me up with a job at Marie's. I said all along that I was going to stay away from the industry, but its really a last resort, and I know that I can probably get a job there. its not ideal, but its temporary.

Matthew brought up the idea that I might need/want/should come home a couple months before he does. I don't know, that's a lot to think about. I don't really like the idea of taking the baby away from Matthew for that long. And then there are logistic issues like I would be living w/o my stuff or a long time, or if we set our TMO date for before I leave then Matthew has to survive on little. And he would have to clean the house for check out all by himself. I know we have talked about hiring someone to do it for us, but I was never really serious about that. Well, half serious. And I'd hate for him to be away from his child for that long. Plus the kitties would miss their daddy. I don't know, we have a lot to think about. Plus there would be missing holidays. Matthew would be all alone on Christmas. And he would miss his baby's first Christmas, which is one of the big reasons why he's getting out in the first place... so he wouldn't miss big things like that. Oh well, that is a long way off and I don't really have the brain power to worry about that right now.

2 comments:

Julie, Brian, Addy & Evan said...

It will help to get the results of your first blood test, I'm assuming they measured HCG levels in that one. But yeah, go in and have them take them, just for peace of mind. When is your next appt? I was thinking and did you lift anything heavy? Try to keep it under 30 lbs. You really shouldn't be lifting anything heavier than that in the first trimester.

Ems said...

No, no lifting, I've been VERY careful. But there was some marital relations. The first since I found out I was PG. I had forgotten that was the day before... Sorry if that's TMI, but I was wondering if it was a factor.