Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

MS Chocolate Affair

We had a Chocolate Affair meeting tonight. It should be fun. It's going to be a "Classic Hollywood" theme. I was going to wear me dress I wore to Sarah's wedding, but my boobs are too big. Its funny cuz mom had to take it in so much around the chest and now I cant get zippered into it. So I haven't tried on my black one that had originally bought for my birthday Vegas trip that I never got to go on. But I have to have a dress cuz it is a fancy, black tie event. OOOOh, I also have that silver skirt... I guess I have some options if I cant fit into that black dress either. But that one has a strapless back so I would have to deal with a sticky bra, but that is probably too small too, since I bought it for Matthew's ALS graduation so I could wear that black dress... I guess it will have to be the silver skirt. That is ok though, its pretty and its long so I could wear short underneath instead of stupid pantyhose. I guess I have to decisions to make, its still too weeks away. But I get to be a taste tester, and a model for the live auction. I am excited. i hope Matthew can go, cuz he would have fun too. And he would be able to wear his suit, but it starts at 7 and he probably has to work at the UPS store. Oh well. Anyway, I'll let you know what I decide to wear. And I will have pictures so you can see the event. I'm kinda sad that this is going to be the last one. Stupid National is becoming so money hungry that they want to cancel the Chocolate Affair so they can add a higher end event. Cuz CA doesn't bring in enough money, like $35,000 is chump change. So they are going to have the Dinner of Champions instead. Basically that event is for the big, important people and corporations who have a lot of money to give (Basically up here that would be BP). And that's who attends. It isn't for the average person, its for people with money. And I think that is sickening. they cancel an event where anyone can afford to buy a ticket and can afford to bid in the auctions for something that kisses the corporate asses for more money, so the average person or CLIENT cant attend. Its just sad. They are still doing the Walk and the Bike events but still, the CA is such a great event and the community and the MANY small businesses around the city really get into it, because they can afford to donate an item or be a vendor for food. Its just sad.

To get an idea here is a link to past CA pictures:
http://www.nationalmssociety.org/site/PhotoAlbumUser?view=UserAlbum&AlbumID=63067

No comments: