Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 01, 2004

Mosquitos

As a direct result of our fishing adventure I became a meal for the bugs around here. A person can bathe in DEET and it doesnt matter they will eat you alive. This state doesnt have mosquitos, it has small birds who enjoy sucking blood. And this is a bad year for them i'm told. Of course it is.
I had to take Matthew to work today. The plan was that I was going to take the truck and go get some groceries. (Very Suzie homemaker if you ask me) but that plan was derailed since Matt has the debit card and the credit card. I need to get a job so I dont feel so dependent on him. He was freakin out last night because I have a ticket home. When we bought my ticket up here it was cheper to buy a roundtrip than a one way. So my return flight leaves at one the afternoon. He is sure that I am going to leave. I'm not. hough I'm not going to say that I didnt think about it a little. There was a litle consolation in knowing that I could go home. But one that would be running away and I have never run away from anything. And two I couldnt leave Matthew. I love him and I cant live without him. Theere is in indescribable feeling of comfort when he puts his arm around me when we watch Cops lol. And There is a safety in knowing that he is next to me when I fall asleep. And My day is complete when I wake up and se him laying there. Plus I would have to haul those suitcases back and there is no way on God's green Earth that I am doing THAT again.
I told Matthew I would make him cheese ravioli tonight for supper. This is a first attempt so we'll see how it goes. Usually I need to fine tune things before I serve them to other people. We'll see. He is very picky so Iam a bit nervous. Wish me luck.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Yeah, you guys are going to have to figure out how to work the money thing. It would drive me nuts to do like mom and dad do and each take a book of checks, but I'm a control freak. That's a big strike on getting married for me...having to share money. I think we would have to have a separate household account, and then each have our own checking accounts besides that.

Ems said...

I would like to say that the cheese ravioli was a hit. I found another favorite. He is all excited to take the leftovers to work and show off to his buddies. Now he has a wife to make him decent lunches. (like mom does for dad. A can of soup and a spoon! (LMAO)

Amanda said...

So did you make it from scratch or what?

You know, dad makes his own lunch more often than not. Unless it's leftovers, I suppose, which is probably what you're getting at.