Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, May 31, 2004

Fishing

So to kill time up here there isnt much to do if you dont like to fish. Matthew tells me I will learn to love it. We'll see. We went out with his buddy Smith and went fishing tonight. I had more fun than I thought I would. I bought some beer just in case though. Old habits die hard I guess. We were at the lake and it was about 11:00 pm. The sun was just setting. The clouds were pink and purple andgold. OIt was reflecting off the water. It was so pretty. Then out of no where this eagle comes just gliding in circles. He swoops down and catches his fish and percs in a tree not far from us. It was so beautiful. For a second I forgot that I hated it here. Maybe there is potential. The mountains were really pretty tonight. That whole purple mountain''s majesty thing had new meaning. Maybe there is potential.
Mom called today. I miss her so much. She said she thought of me when Aunt Joyce pulled a tube of frosting out of her purse in church and her and mom got the giggles. Me and mom always got the giggles in church. I miss her. I miss my life.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Remember fishing with Grandpa? He would sit on that chair in the front of the boat, and would take the fish off the hook for us because we didn't want to touch it. I didn't, anyway. Then he'd filet them, and roll them in breading and fry them up...mmm, they tasted sooo good.

Ems said...

I do remember. I remember laying in bed in the camper and listening to them talk laugh outside the window while grandpa cleaned the fish. I also remember that i could never catch anythnig!