Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, June 28, 2004

Emily's Lesson for Today

So I have discovered a new pain. I used to think that the top of your feet was the worst place to sunburn. With your butt in close second. They are both dwafed in comparason to burning our scalp. Why is that? you may ask. Well, let me let you in on a little secret. See your scalp is on top of your head. Most of us, except the really freaky people, cannot see on top of our own head. What does this mean? It means that you cannot see when water blisters develop on your scalp burn. So when you brush your hair as you do every morning you are surprised at the wet feeling dripping down your head. As happened to me this morning. So I had to put off my shower because I decided it would be smarter to wait till my scalp dried up a bit. So my greasy head would have to wait and now I had blister juice mixed in from when I rake over the burn with my brush. So is that the end of the pain? No. Because you see, once blisters break there is raw skin under them. and that raw skin stings everytime you move your head. So the stinging stopped and I could feel the crusties of the dried liquid and decided I HAD to take a shower, cause lets face it this is pretty gross. What happens to say a scab when it get wet? Thats right it softens up. Well, so does your scalp. But you have to wash your hair so you withstand the stinging caused by your shampoo and you only condition your ends and the water you are using feels like it is ripping off your skin. But you need to rinse out the shampoo, so you grit your teeth and bare it. You get out of the shower and you're feeling pretty good. The stinging has stopped, you're all clean. And lets assume you are a bit of an airhead like me and it slips your mind that you just endured all this pain and you brush through your wet hair. And this my friends is why you need to remember to put sunscreen on the part in your hair. It may make your hair a little nasty at first, but it is so much better than this pain!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

All I really have to say is "ow".