Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, June 07, 2004

So strange things seem to remind me of home. It isnt so much home as my childhood. And they just keep popping up out of nowhere. Like Darkwing Duck on Toon Disney and Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers. Or Leachs. Ok that one is kinda wierd. But Smith had leachs on his waders and it reminded me of Amanda. Well, so did DWD. And I wrote a thank you to George and Carole Korns. So the camping thing came back to me. And watching the fireworks over Lake Warren on the Pontoon.That was so cool. Or going to Geode with Grandpa. I cant wait to make those memories for my children. Because I love those memories now. My favoite memories are those of camping. At the State Fair or at Adventureland or Lake Warren or Lake Geode... I love them all.
So as I said I started on my thank yous. There are sooooo many but at least now I have something to do. Matthew had a dentist appnt. this morning so he has the truck and then he has to meet with TMO tomorrow so he will have it then too. So am stuck here. He went fishing again this weekend with Smith. He is all excited cuz he bought his own fishing stuff. I went with tomake sure he didnt spend too much at the Sporting Goods store. The idea of Matt and Smith shopping together for fishing gear frightened me. I figured in out best financial interest I would go too. But I didnt go fishing. I wasnt feeling too great. He is sooo excited about using his own pole and tackle box. He does this all the time. I know that when we leave here, they will be stored next to the bowling ball he had to have and the pool sticks he and Tillison got in Tech school. But its good for him. At least he makes friends. I know that I have been dwelling on this a bit much. I know that I am using it as an excuse to stay inside the shell I have to protect myself. I always do this in new situations. It is a defense mechanism. Oh well, as long as it eventually wears off and I get to being myself again. If that doest happen then I will become more concerned.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

I had leaches once! And I blame it on Sonia! ;)

Things'll get better. Maybe you can write your thank-yous outside, where you can say hi to neighbors.

Ems said...

yes... "say hi" with my binoculars. (wink)