Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Some Updates

First off, I will report that Matthew got his orders yesterday, so we are very happy here in the Rose family. We will be going to get plane tickets for me and the Misters either today or tomorrow, so we will FINALLY have a set date of our return. So that has been a relief.

Second, I swear Misters has grown overnight! He is already pretty much grown out of all his new jammies. I am going to have to take a cue from Julie and start getting jammies without feet in them cuz the Misters has HUGE feet and has grown out of 9 month footie pj's, but it makes me sad cuz the footies are so much cuter and it means that my baby is getting bigger :(. And he is. He is getting SO good at pulling himself up. He does mainly just to his knees. But he has gone up to his feet a couple of times. I figured out why he likes to be underneath the endtable, its because its glass and he can see his reflection when he is under there. Or that was the theory until he started going under EVERYTHING. If there is room, he will have something under there, even if it is just a foot. He is still enthralled with anything that makes noise and as a result, think EVERYTHING should make noise. SO he shakes everything till he finds one that makes noise. If that thing can be banged against something else to make even MORE noise, all the better. He LOVES the wind chimes that I have hanging in the back entry. LOVES them. I have used that tidbit quite a bit lately. If I want to get his attention or distract him, its off to the wind chime. We got him a fishbowl for Christmas, that comes with 3 fishies inside. He is fascinated with them. Taking them out and putting other things in the bowl like his Binkie, rings, his new hammer. But he always takes the fish out first. Its so cute. And he knows there are three fishies, so if one is missing he will look for it until he finds it and then all three go back in the bowl. And then he usually proceeds to bang on the bowl with the hammer. LOL. Whatever keeps him occupied. We think that he is having night time separation issues, but it is kinda our fault, cuz I think we were getting lazy about bedtime routines. We would leave parts out and it was screwing him up. Nighttime has a very specific routine, whereas nap time doesn't since he usually plays till he falls asleep and then we take him upstairs and turn on his music and he takes his nap. So in diverting from the nighttime schedule, he was getting confused and was just taking a nap, instead of knowing it was bedtime. Oops, lesson learned. His little toothie is so cute. He keeps playing with it with his tongue. And of course, he wont let us see so we make him laugh so he'll open up his mouth. Ok, I think that is all for right now.

Matthew and I are SO ready to be home. I think maybe at this moment in time, he is more ready than I am simply because he has a hug drive between him and home. I know I would be read to just have it over. I am VERY glad that Jim will be meeting him in Bellvue. It really makes me feel better about him driving. There is a lot of time and miles between when Misters and I leave him and when we will get to see him again. And I don't think its totally unexpected that I am worried about him. I don't like travelling separately. There is just that fear that you wont see that other person again. And no matter how unlikely that is, it doesn't quell the fear. Especially with the Misters. Having him has multiplied that fear by a million. I want to have this over with, I am not focusing on being home at this moment, I am concentrating on cleaning and packing. Then I will concentrate on this horrible flight day, or days, depending on the situation. Then I can focus on getting home. Reminding my welcoming crew that we will have four suitcases, a car seat, two cats (who will be going with Gma & Gpa Rosies) a carry on suitcase, a diaper bag, Stroller, Hayden and myself. So please have multiple cars or a trailer or something! LOL. Anyway, that moment is so far from my mind right now, it gets pushed out by all the things that have to be done BEFORE that moment. Its just all very real now. That we are leaving. And its also very sad. But I don't have time to focus on that now. I don't actually even have time to be writing this, but I am taking this time anyway. I cant be going, going, going cuz I am exhausted already trying to all of this myself. And Hayden hasn't been sleeping well, lately, so he has been very temperamental, which is so unusual for him, but he is getting his second tooth there in the front and think that has a bit to do with it, along with the routine thing. Oh, he's awake from his nap, so I gotta go. We have to text Daddy to see if we can go get our plane tickets today.

No comments: