Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, June 09, 2008

I.D. Card

One more reminder of the fact that the U.S. Military does not consider me to be a real person. I am a dependent and I must remember that. I went in to get my ID card renewed cuz it expires on Friday (I didn't do it sooner cuz I thought I had till the end of the month) and the lady is like, "Are you Active Duty?' (i think do I LOOK like I'm Active Duty? LOL) "No." "Is your sponsor with you?" "No" "Is he here?" "No, he's TDY, Texas." "Do you have Power of Attorney?" "No." "Well you cant do this without your sponsor." "Great, now what?" "You will have to call him and have him go to the Customer Service office where he is and fill out a Form DD 1172 and fax it here." I am freaking out and pissed. I have to have my ID to get on base, WHERE MY HOUSE IS!!!, to buy food, go to the doctor... and pissed cuz here I have a valid ID in my hand, and I still have to Matthew there to get it updated. So I call Matthew and he gets the form, but they tell him down there that I am going to have to have the original, so he had to go to UPS and have it Next Day'ed up here so I can have it in time to get it renewed before it expires. It should be here on Wednesday. So we had to spend $30 to get this stupid paper sent up here cuz I cant just do it myself. I cant to move back to the real world where I can be a real person again.

5 comments:

Julie, Brian, Addy & Evan said...

Um yeah that's total crap, I would have had words. :)

Anonymous said...

Emily, ask Julie if Lackland AFB has maps.

Laurie

Amanda said...

Is this an inside joke?

Julie, Brian, Addy & Evan said...

Yeah some a-hole at Lackland was having a bad day. Or wait, he was probably just an a-hole. At any rate, I would never make it as a military wife or a member of the military.

Ems said...

When we went to Lackland for Matthew's graduation from Basic,Julie asked the guy at the gate if he had a mapof the base. Let's just say he was less that accomedating.