Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Electrical Fire

So we had a pretty interesting day! We got in to work today and discovered the foundation was leaking, so the mall maintenance guys came and looked at it and said there wasn't anything they could do today, and were just going to remove the snow from around the foundation so that maybe it would slow down the leak. So a couple hours after that a customer comes in and tells us if we knew that the wire outside was smoking. And as me and Kera went outside to look, it bursts into flames. Ok, so we go back inside and I am freaking out cuz i don't know where the fire extinguishers are ( I actually do know, but in my panic I could remember) So Kera calls the fire department and I am outside with the fire extinguisher trying to keep the flame under control. So the fire department tells Kera to call 911, which is what me and Tara told her to do in the first place. So all the while we are just trying to keep it in control, so it kinda goes out, but keeps flaring up, and burning back down. Meanwhile Kera is still on the phone with the dispatcher, who has already sent the FD but we didn't know this, so Carol is in the background telling Kera to just tell them to send someone, and me and Tara are like"Ok, its flaring up again." "ok it died out again" "ok its flaring up again." And Kera is trying not to laugh. So we're waiting for the fire department to get there, and I look up and there is now smoke pouring out of the top of the rain gutter! Great. So I can finally see the fire trucks coming, lights flashing, and horn a-blarin', AND NO ONE WILL GET OUT OF THE WAY!!!!!! They wouldn't pull over for emergency vehicles. I was appalled. I mean I usually am when people don't pull over, but this time I'm on the other end of the emergency! So here come four fire trucks and all the girls can think about is whether they are going to be hot or not. LOL. So we're watching them from out of the window, rating their hotness, as they cut the wires. And the mall manager shows up. Except I didn't know that he was the owner of the mall. So he comes inside and says "So you have some firemen in here?" And I thought he was just a smart ass customer, so I'm like "Yeah, a few, thought we'd spice it up around here." And he's like "Where can I find them?" "Outside in the big trucks." I say. Not realizing he was serious and was looking for the guys who were in the back hallway, cutting the power. LOL. Oops. Oh, well, you shouldn't assume people know who you are, I guess. So he is out there all up in these guys' business, they cant even do anything cuz he is under their feet! So we were all pretty suspicious at that. Connie thinks he was probably afraid they would discover something wasn't up to code. So anyway, that was our excitement today. A flood and a fire. I told Connie if there was one more natural disaster in the store that was it, if there was a tornado, I was quitting!!!! LOL.

No comments: