Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, July 07, 2005

Just thought I would give a little update. Nothing really new going on. Matthew switched shifts again and I am working days now so The extent of seeing each other is Saturdays and those times when I wake uo and he is asleep and then when he comes home and I am asleep. I dont know how mom and dad have done this for so long.

Our camping trip was fun. The 3.5 mile hike to get from the campground to the lake were NOT the highlight of the trip though. I thought i did really good on the hike to the lake. I kept up pretty well and I only had to stop a couple of times. Everytime there was a hill I would just tell myself, "Size ten Pants, Size ten pants" That was pretty good motivation. Plus the fact that when ever you stopped you goty eaten by the mosquitos. It was a good fishing trip though. Smith kept saying that he just wanted me to catch a fish, since this is the first time I actually agreed to fish with them. I got my license and everything. All I could catch were weeds though. I would cast out and my line would get stuck so I would have to yank it free. It got stuck once and I yankerd it free and then it got stuck again so I yanked it free again and it got stuck again and I could figure out WHAT i was stuck on so I reeled in the line and I had a fish!!! I didnt even know it. I'm all screamin, "aH, i GOT A FISH! i GOT A FISH!" Smith's like well, we wont catch anymore over here, you just scared them all away, but I didnt care. So then came the hike back and I was dead. We went about 50 ft and I wanted to die already. Matt's all speeding along cuz of his steriods and Smith stayed with me so I wouldnt be alone. Unfortunately, he is also carrying all the water in his backpack.We encounter these people along the trail, and they are like "You must be the friends" we asked how far ahead he was and they ssaid like ten minutes. Matt walked that trail in 45 minutes. He met us with water. I neve rloved him more than at that moment he appeared up over that hill with that ice cold bottle of water. At this point I had eaten about 4 mosquitos that were glued to the back of my throat because it was so dry. We had the canoe rented for two days, we didnt use it the second day. None of us could move the next day. I wish we could stay longer, but I just cant make myself poop in a hole in the ground. I cant stnd the smell long enough. NAd the mosquitos are just waiting for you to bare flesh since there are areas you really cant put 98% DEET and places you REALLY dont want a mosquito bite! Plus sometimes you just really need a shower!

I wish I had pictures but I deleted them off my camera after I printed them and forgot to download them! What a spaz.

Anyway, that is about all. For now anyway.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

It does sound like a fun trip. I'm proud of you for sticking out the hike...especially with no water! Ouch!