Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Saturday, July 09, 2005

We went to see War of the Worlds last night and I almost cried with happiness. Not even exaggerating. There was a preview for The Loin, the Witch and the Wardrobe. That was my ASOLUTE, FAVORITE book when I was little. I have read it 52 times. I remember the day at the library when they had to put a new checkout log in the front of it because I had checked it out so many times. I've read the other books in the series but they dont compare to the first one. I am so excited. Tis is WAAAAAY past Harry Potter. I know that is almost sacreligious to say but I am So excited to go see it. I dont even have my copy up here. I dont even know where it is. Who cares. I'll go buy a new one!

The Chronicles of Narnia, by C.S. Lewis, is one of the very few sets of books that should be read three times: in childhood, early adulthood, and late in life. In brief, four children travel repeatedly to a world in which they are far more than mere children and everything is far more than it seems. Richly told, populated with fascinating characters, perfectly realized in detail of world and pacing of plot, and profoundly allegorical, the story is infused throughout with the timeless issues of good and evil, faith and hope. This boxed set edition includes all seven volumes.--This text refers to the Hardcover edition.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

You know, I don't think I knew you were so crazy about that book. I don't even remember it being around the house.

It's been on my list to re-read for a while now.