Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Saturday, April 19, 2008

So much going on!

I have had the best past few days. I am having a mail service baby shower, with gifts and cards and so much love, it is overwhelming. You know when you are separated from your home, it can be easy to forget all the people who love and support you, not just your family cuz I could never forget them, but just ALL the people. Its been a lot of fun cuz everyday there is a surprise waiting for us to open.

And yesterday was the biggest surprise of them all. I had my 38 week appointment and they asked me if I wanted to be checked and stripped, if possible. I'm like, "oh yeah, Lets get this show on the road!" So when they checked me I was over 3 cm dilated and 90% effaced. 90%!!!! I was SO not expecting that! I thought one MAYBE two cm, and to be really thick still. Nope, we are well on our way to having a baby. My midwife is expecting it to be sometime this week. THIS WEEK! So we are doing everything we can to help the process along, all though it seems we didn't really need to do much cuz I got pretty far on my own. I went ahead and had my membranes stripped, Lord did that hurt! I know, I know, the worst part is still to come, I get that, but I wasn't really expecting it to be that uncomfortable, so I didn't really prepare myself for it, you know? So we are going to go walk around the mall today since we need to pickup a few last minute things, and get some food to put in Matthew's hospital bag. I need to finish packing my bag too. I till don't know what to use as a focal point. I guess I'll just grab a couple things and use whatever works!

And then I was at work yesterday and Diana called and asked if I wanted to come to her house for a late supper and go through some stuff to see if I wanted anything. So I was like, sure, why not? So Matthew is like he'll go too. So we drove over there and they had thrown me a surprise baby shower!!! Just for me. I was so surprised I had NO idea. I had so much fun. We played stupid baby games and ate a bunch of food and talked and it was the best baby shower. I just thought that the card shower was my shower. And I wont lie, I was disappointed I wouldn't get my shower at church... Like I was missing out, but I wasn't cuz I got my shower anyway. There weren't many people there, but that so doesn't even matter to me, it was love, just all love, and I needed that. Even Matthew had fun playing with Harry, Diana's little Yorkie. He is only 5 lbs and it is so funny to watch him run around on his little legs. And yes, they took lots of pictures and I will get them up on Kodak as soon as I get them from Gene. We didn't get home to bed until midnight. We were so wiped out. Probably why we were in bed until 10 this morning!!!

So that's about it. I am working on my thank yous. I want to get as many done as I can before its baby time. Its almost baby time people!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mr. Hayden Matthew Rose, it is time for you to vacate the premises and give your mommy relief and you are evidently very ready! Gpa and Gma Rosies along with Gma and Gpa Whitmer are anxious to meet you via photo (place sad smiley here cuz we are MILES away). Please be easy on Mommy while you make your journey to the outside world. Speaking of that, you will love it there. You will get all of your wishes and wants delivered at your beckoned call and it doesn't get any better than that...I assure you. Mommy and Daddy have just about everything they need to take care of you.

You will have a cousin named Evan that will have a birthday very close to yours. I have a feeling that the two of you will cause some trouble down the road. THAT will be fun to watch.

Mr. Hayden, its time to enter your new world and give your mommy relief. She and your daddy are so ready to take care of you and love you.

Love,
Grandma Rosies