Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

So basically, my neurologist said he is surprised that I am actually functioning as well as I am considering what my brain looks like. He sat down with me and showed me all the layers of my brain and all the lesions. There is a big difference in the coloring. They are brighter than they were, there were some new ones. There was a big one in my cerebelum, which would be my balance problems. There is also a big one in my frontal cortex which helps explain my extreme emotions, crying at everything and lauging so hysterically. But there are a lot of lesions. He is doing some blood tests and I have to get a bone density scan. And then I go back in a month and we will go from there to see what we are going to do. Basically, there isnt much more that we can do than what I am already doing. Mainly starting back on my meds. But we'll see what happens after the tests come back on whether I start with a speech therapist or whatever we may decide to do. Basically, I have spots on my brain and to keep them from getting worse, I just have to use my meds. So while there is no good news, there isnt any super bad news either. So thanks for your thoughts and support, and everything, I'm not out of the woods yet, but it looks like, for now, the damage has been done.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry, Emily. I wish I could give you a hug, but if I did, I'd only start crying, and then it would be you comforting me. Like always.

Anonymous said...

I found you through your sister's blog. I sincerely hope that your meds do their job and that this doesn't get any worse for you.

Anonymous said...

I hope the meds do their thing for you, Emily. I am sorry you are so far away from most of your family. You, Matt and the rest of your family are in my thoughts. I will try to distract Amanda with cookies for awhile.

Anonymous said...

I would love to make you and Matt some cookies. Amanda said she would give me your address. If you want something other than the chocolate covered ones, I take requests.

Eileen said...

I also found you through Amanda's blog, I hope you don't mind. I just wanted to let you know that I'm thinking of you and your family. It sounds strange that a complete stranger is thinking about you, but that's what the internet does to you!