Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, January 29, 2007

It is a good thing I dont have a weak heart cuz I would have had at least 5 heart attacks the last few days. well, yesterday and today. It has been so warm here the last couple days (and by warm I mean 31-33 degrees) so the 3-4 feet of snow that is sitting on our rooves is melting and falling off. It is SO loud. You can imagine how heavy the 3-4 feet of WET snow is and it is falling off the roof... and depending which side of the house it is falling off of it hits either the garage in the front, or the eve over the door in the back, before it hits the ground. It scared me SOOOO bad yesterday when the first one fell cuz it was so quiet and we were just watchin TV and that snow started crashing down. My heart skipped one or two beats! And throughout the night tonight the rest of it is falling, just ever once in a while. There is enough time in between that you forget about it until it falls again! Scares me ever time. It piled so deep in front of the house, Matt had to dig a path cuz the snow popped our basement window open and it was so heavy we couldnt get it closed again.

I offically started at the office today. We have so much work to do... Hope Matthew doesnt want to see me for the next three months. Between the office and the CM, I am not going to be home much.

On the up side, I have something to look forward to, I am going to be able to go home for Sarah's weding in June. I wasnt sur eif I would be able to, but Marianne is gifting my some of her airline miles so I dont have to find a way to pay for the tickets. Matthew really wants to go hometoo, but I dont know if he will be able to. I found a pretty decent flight for $633, which isnt too bad. I just wish that it wasnt so damn expensive to go home. We were talking about scoping out places to live while we are home since we have about 25 months till we move back. Kinda scary to think about it, and I would like Matt to help me look. But if we cant afford it, I guess I will have to do it on my own. At least I get to go to the wedding, and hopefully mom and dad will have the pool ready to I can just lay by the pool for two weeks... Ah, now THAT"S something to look forward to. When I am cold and tired, I will just think about being in the pool ,in the warm sun, with some sort of fruity drink... not a care in the world. Maybe two weeks wont be long enough!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

The housing market can change so much in two years, I'm not sure it's worth it to go house hunting now. Plus, it's not like you don't know the area, so you kinda know where to avoid and where you might want to be. I think at this point, just keeping an eye on the prices things are going for in the area you want to be is enough.

I'm glad you're going to be able to come home for sure!