Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

I dont know what to do about Matthew. Ever since he got home. ha hasnt been himself. I know that he just got back and it takes like a day to ajust for every hour in the time difference, but... I dont know. He keeps saying he is depressed, and I know that he is tired and stuff, but I am worried. I finally got him to take a sleeping pill last night so he would sleep through the whole night, but he just keeps snapping at me. No matter what I do, he just bitchs about it one way or another. I am not the most stable person right now, so I am trying to keep it together. But I dont know how long I can stand this. Today he told me that he was depressed and I told him that if it lasted longer than a week I wanted him to talk to someone. And of course THAT was the WRONG thng to say. But depression can be VERY serious. I know on both an acedemic level and a personal level what it can do to you if you try to ignore it. "It will get better," he says. Maybe it will. But I dont want to take any chances. And he got all upset with me for that conversation. And the day he gets back, of course he freaks out about the credit card balance. I'm sorry, I know that I charged alot on the credit card, but I could have NOT gotten out, and saved the $1000. So he was stressin me about how we were gonna pay that off. I am sorry I really havent thought about the cost of my freedom. I ont know what to tell you. Next time, I will consult you before I spend that large of an amount, but i didnt really have a choice. Well, I guess I had a choice, but I cant handle him right now. He was supposed to come back, and be strong for me so I didnt have to be,and instead I have to deal with his depression mood swings and try to keep positive that my life has not gone completely down the crapper. I can be strong for both of us. I just want to curl up in the corner and cry,but now I have to deal with him too. Him being home was supposed to make this easier,and instead I wish he would go back and be with his friends that he didnt want to leave, and then I can deal with this on my own. I know he had a good time, and I am sorry that he had to come home to a delinquent wife. I'm sorry that I cannot be what he needs right now, but I need him to be there for me. I know this may be a lot to ask, but try to understand. I cannot carry this weight on my own.

Do not guilt me about not having a job, it wasnt my decision. Do not guilt me about putting large sums on the credit card, i had no other choice. And do not gult me because you had to leave Korea, there isnt anything I can do to change that. Dont guilt me that now you like to go out dancing at the clubs, and I lost my clubbin friends. I have to deal with the fact that I lost my friends. I cant listen to all of that right now.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

He probably feels pretty helpless right now, and it's manifesting badly, combined with the jet lag and the post-"vacation" let down. It may be that you just have to spell it out for him: this is how your actions are making me feel, and this is what I need from you. If he's like the typical guy, he needs to feel like he's doing something to solve the problem. Maybe suggest that you sit down and readjust your budget to deal with the temporary reduction in income. Or help you look for jobs to apply for. Or simply "comfort me".

Otherwise, I'll call him up and bitch him out for you. :)

Anonymous said...

After talking with him the past few days, I feel like its mostly exhaustion which does not help with ones frame of mind. Also, keep in mind that what happened to you was a big shock to him plus to find out about it the way he did. Matt is feeling helpless and frustrated and perhaps he is not quite sure what he can do to help you. As far as Matt wanting to go back to Korea, that was his safety zone and now since he is home he has to and needs to deal with it. We will talk to him. Losing a job is one of the several traumatic events in a person's life, then add everything else that you are enduring, this is not unexpected IMHO. Please talk to him and we will remind him that he needs to talk to you (without losing his cool). This too shall pass and hopefully Matt will get some sleep SOON. Having endured depression myself, I really don't think he is there yet and I am pretty in tuned to him. Please keep us posted.

Laurie

Anonymous said...

Does he need to eat? He gets cranky when he is hungry. Maybe he wants 3 churros for lunch?
Julie