Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, July 21, 2006

Caution: Political Content

I dont ususally post my political views. I find it less complicated that way. So if you are offended then I am sorry, but I cant stay quiet about this one. I dont say negative things about the president. I dont. President Bush vetoed the legislation that would federally fund embryotic stem cell research. resaerch that will be (not could be, will be) the medical break through that will change this world forever. There are so many possibilities out there if only we were allowed to persu it. But he says that the United States should not "use taxpayer dollars to destroy life." Excuse me?! You wont fund research that, yes uses frozen embyos, so saved what could be billions (yes, I said billions) of people, but you dont bat an eyelash for the 30,000+ Iraqi CIVILIANS who have been killed as a result of your War on Terror? Because the U.S. will not "destroy life to save life"? Ok, Mr. President, I will remember to thank you when I am in a wheel chair and cant see my own husband. We'll see how many Alzhiemer patient remember to thank you on thir deathbed because you saved the POSSIBLE life of those embryos STILL FROZEN.

"And I think the worst sin of all, and I am a very religious person, I am pro-life, is to look a miracle from God in the face and throw it away." -Debi Martin

Governors from Delaware, Illinois, Iowa, Michigan, New Jersey, New Mexico, Oregon and Wisconsin sent a letter to senators on Tuesday urging them to support the bill.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am in total agreement here!

Laurie

Jennie C. said...

Can't agree with you, as I value children too highly to sacrifice them to scientific research. An embryo is a child. BUT, I have read that there are much more promising results from ADULT stem cell research. I don't know much about it, but it was pointed out the other day that if the government stayed out of it and the research was funded by private companies, they would naturally go with the one which would offer the best chance of success/financial return. They'd go with adult stem cells. Something for you to look into. But killing babies to save your own life, well, that's kind of wrong, isn't it?