Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, January 31, 2005

Time for Sharing

I figured I had better update everyone since I was disconnected from the world for awhile. First off, the move went rather smoothly. There was just one hitch. It was the entertainment center that has been cursed sinced the day I bought it. I aplogized to the movers in advance for that EC but they just laughed. What? You dont think I'm serious? I thought, Yeah, just wait. So they thought that they could get it out in one peice. I knew it woulnt be that easy. It was too tall to fit down the stairs. Out the door it was fine, just not down the stairs. So one of them thought they could lower it down with straps from the top of the car port onto the top of the truck. But they didnt know how to get down from the truck. SO I suggested that if they thought they could do that then they could do it over the railing of the balcony since it was closer to the ground. "oh, no. that wont work." They said. So what did we do? We waited for Matt and Smith and then those two were on the ground, and me and two movers stood on the balcony. We flipped the EC upside down, flipped it to the 3 on the ground and lowered it off the balcony and into the truck. Dont tell me it wont work! I wish I had a picture of that. Us handing that down... Must have been a sight to see. So other than that we got moved in fine and I am ALMOST unpacked. 2 more boxes left I think. There will be more pictures of our decorated house.

On to Jacky. She is our new baby. First, we found her from an ad a lady was seling them for $50. So Matt went and met with her and she said that she was just giving them away. So he fell in love with a little black and white kitten. At this time we were still in the apt and not set to move for a couple more days. Fine we could pick her up when we got into the house. So Matthew called her and set up a time to pick her up and then the ladies mom called and told him that she didnt want the two remaining kittens to be split up so she was taking both of them. Matthew was heart broken. I hadmnt seen her yet but I was disappointed too. So Matt left a message saying how disappointed he was, and a day later her husband called to tell us we could come get her. So we named her Jacky and she is our baby. She is a kitten full of energy. Too much sometimes.

What else? Work is going good. I am set to go to Seattle with Lori to a show there. And then I will be in charge of purchasing from our Western suppliers. So I will travel to shows on Laurie's behalf and pick out new items and check out deals and such. I will mainly be dealing in Seattle, San Diego and Las Vegas, occasionally. But I am excited.

I am getting excited to come home. I have my time ok'd from work. I will go home come back for 3 days and then leave for Seattle. TOO MUCH FLYING!!! But i am so psyched to come home. I cant wait to see the new babies! I am broinging home presents for them, but I wont say what. Dont want to ruin the surprise. Well, I might just send Janessa's. I dont know why i wrote that I am just thinking "out loud". I didnt realize how much I needed to go home until it was almost time for me to go! Like 6 weeks. I dont even have my tickets yet! Yikes! I am such a procrastinator. I thought I was doing so much better at that! Anyway, I am sure that is enough info for right now. I will keep up on those pics!

No comments: