Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, January 09, 2005

Brad is a single man

Noow ordinarily this would make me happy as I tend to laugh at Hllywood marriages. There are a few that seem true, my favorite is Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson. In close second, though, was Brad and Jen. Namely because they seemed so good together. But now they, too, have succumbed to the Hollywood divorce pressure. And I am actually a little sad about it. And I do feel a little sad that their marriage didnt work out. It makes me sad to think about what marriage has become. I know I'm pretty new at it, but I dont think I could not do everything in my power to make it work. I mean so many of us do it everyday. But how much easier has it become to cite irreconsilable differences and fork over money for the papers. With an iron-clad pre-nup you walk away with nothing but some publicity. My heart breaks a little every time. We have to know about who's marriage was the shortest, but what about those people who have made that commitment and have stod by it. That's why if Rita and Tom ever split, I think I will cry. they have proven that a Hollywood marriage isnt always a publicity stunt.

But i am sad about Brad and Jen.

No comments: