Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, August 11, 2004

A stern talkin to and a well needed vent

So I had to have a talk with one of the girls at work. She used to do drugs when she was young and i think she fried some brain cells or something cuz she just doesnt get it! LOL. Man, I have had to take disiplinary actions with employees before, but she was something else. She truly believed she wasnt doing anything wrong, and no matter how many times I explained it to her it just did not sink in. I couldnt believe it. This girl had an excuse ready for everything i threw at her. I even asked her about something that she didnt even do and she had an excuse for that one too. If nothing else she can think 0n her feet, thats for sure. I mean she is a sweet girl, but she cant keep doing the stuff she's doing, which for confidentiality reasons, I am not going to get into, but how do I get her to stop if she doesnt think that she is doing anything she shouldnt be doing. It will be a trial. I am sure that this will not be the last time that we have a little chat. I am sure.

Anyway, I had a shitty day today, excuse my language. I was so busy. I worked 9 straight hours without stopping. No break, I didnt even get t eat anything ALL day. Nothing. And most of us know what a joy I am when I am hungry! I didnt get home until 10. ANd the store closes at 9! ANyway, Mark, one of our stylists, was doing a cyberimaging consulatation with a client and she decided that she want a cut, color and a highlight sfter seeing the pictures. He didnt get done with them until like 9:30. He spent four hours working with this girl. Her total should have been $235 but he only charged her $200 and they didnt even tip him! 4 hours of work and no tip! I was disgusted! He didnt take any other clients cause he was working with her. Granted it was a $200 service but he should have charged her $300. That was the amount of work he put in to it. So that ticked me off.

We have a new rule now that if the stylists have to stay late then we have to stay late cuz one of our stylists is a baby fat crybaby. She always finds stuff to complain about and that is her new one. So when our store closes at 9 and they still have a client in the salon, we cant just ring them out and close out the registers we have to wait for them then they get to go home while we ring them up and balance the last till and stuff. How is that fair? That may be changing cuz I dont like that at all.

And I had to do all the ordering by myself cuz Rohnie had to fly back to Idaho this week for a court day cuz her ex husband is a moron. But that is an entire other story. So I am really nervous because Jerri, one of our reps, and I went through all our stock and ordered enough to fill our shelves. it was a $2719 order. That is alot of money, but it had to be done, so we will see how Lori reacts to that! But our other sales rep is really starting to piss me off because we gave her company sole rights to our OPI nail polish order which is buqu bucks for their company, well she isnt getting me my polish orders. She was supposed to bring them to me on Thursday so i would have them for the weekend and she did not show up until today and she didnt even bring the damn polishes! And this is the third time she has done this to us. I want to give the rights back to Jerri cuz at last I know she will give me what I need! I havent even seen the new catalog for CHristmas and we need to be getting our CHristmas order in soon here. Who brought it long with her today even though I cant order it from her? Yep, Jerri. She even hd sample bottles so I could see the new colors for the holiday season. Does monique do that, no, she doesnt even bring me polishes that I ordered and paid for! I am so aggrivated! I JUST WANT MY POLISH ORDER!!!!

And on top of all of that, I broke my shoe today. My favorite shoes, the chunky black ones that have the ring in them like they are pierced, yeah broke the heel, cant wear them anymore, they are beyond repair. I almost cried. Do you know how hard it is to find a cute pair of chunky black tie shoes that you can wear with pants AND a skirt? It was just the topper to my day. I am surprised I didnt break a nail. I would probably have really actually cried then.

BUT I still love my job. Figure that one out.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Ahh, office politics. At least it gives one something to b**** about, and life just isn't complete without something to b**** about. ;)

If this girl doesn't understand what she is doing is wrong, you just gotta tell her, "Well, the store considers it wrong, and if you don't, too, it will cost you your job."

How much do you tip a hairstylist? Ever since Jan left, this has been worrying me. And now, since I'll have to be going more often (stupid bangs), I should know this.

Ems said...

I think it depends on how much work they do. I see anywhere from $3 for a men's cut to $35 for a highlight/color. I guess I would say like $5-$10 for a cut depending on how much you are getting cut off or how complicated the cut, and probaby ten for a color, $5 for a touch up. Cuz that money is just like a waitress' tip added on the their salary, but trust me stylists' make a lot more than waitress's!