Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, August 22, 2004

The fastest week ever

A week has come and gone already. Time is so short whenever you wish it would last forever. We just dropped mom and dad off at the airport. What a week it has been. We picked them up on Monday after mad cleaning. They were tired since it was about midnight their time, but we took them to eat anyway cuz we were hungry. LOL. I was a bit upset because there was so much smoke from the "controlled burning" that you couldnt even see the mountains. Ok, I was a little more than a little upset. I was very upset. I really hoped that it wouldnt stay this way the whole week.

Tuesday we went around the base and I showed them our fishing spots and the BX and the commissary. Oh, and Monday I got a call that my kitchen table was in so we went and picked that up. I was so happy. We went and rented them a car. Want to know what they got? Lew will never forgive them. A little red Cavalier. Yes, my father drove a Chevy car. Though in his defense I think it was under protest since it was really the only thing available and worth driving. Tuesday was a laid back day. No big excursions. I took them to my mall and showed them where I worked and they got to meet Mitch and Rohnie and mom met Lori and Ralph. We went to the Sourdough Mining Company for supper and it was sooo good. And Matthew had Teryaki Steak tips. I was so proud of him!

Wednesday, Mom made breakfast and we ate at my new table. It was nice. I drove them down to Seward. I love that drive. It is so beautiful. We went to the Sea Life Center to see Matts octopus. We had a nice lunch at a portside resturant. Mom wanted some chowder. Does anyone know what makes a soup a chowder and not a soup? That was the topic of discussion. So if anyone knows, please share. Then we went to Exit Glacier cuz you can't not go. It has changed so much since I was there last year. You cant walk up close to it anymore cause the water shifted and you cant cross it anymore. And one of the trails (the short one) is now too flooded to go up. It still gets me that those things are moving. Dad drove hoe cuz I was tired. We decided just to have pizza and watch the Olympics. It was a nice day.

Thursday... What did we do on Thursday? Oh, yes, we went shopping. Mom and I did. Dad went to a movie that me and mom wouldnt have been able to watch. One of those IMAX sort of things. We just get too sick. SO we went shopping. JC Penny's mostly. It was my birthday present. Then we checked out some of the cruises. But they were a bit much for what they were I guess. You know I dont remeber what we did for supper. This might have been th sourdough night. I dont remember now. Wow, I cant recall. Anyway, we ate and then watched the Olympics and went to bed.

Friday, was mom and dad day cuz I wasnt feeling too great. I had a headache and I ached so bad. it really sucked. I think it had something to do with the weather change cuz it had finally rained. Which was womderful cuz the smoke was gone too! You could see the mountains again! So they went to the Heritage Center. I stayed home and slept. They watched the Butterfly Effect while i was asleep. When I woke up it was time to go car shopping. THAT was fun. Ha. I thought I had a headache BEFORE! We found a couple of prosects. there was one at the Lemon lot but the guy must be on vacation cuz he never called us back. So it was off to the dealerships. Al out of our league I tell you what. We called it a night after not finding anything and my blood sugar was dropping so we had to go get food. We went back to Red Robin. Man, that place is so good. Yum. Mom and I picked out the wedding pics for our album. Then more Olympics and off to bed.

Saturday, dad had booked a flight on a sightseeing tour that took you to Mt. McKinley. So mom made pancakes since Matthew was there nad we had a big breakfast. Then we went to the flightseeing place. When we got there they said it was cloud covered and you couldnt see. So we went on one that went over the Chugach mountains over to Prince William Sound. If you ever do anything in your life do this. It was beyond words and pictures dont do the experience justice but you can see them anyway. It was just awesome to see all the glaciers and everything. wow. After that it was time for more car shopping. We went back to some of the places we thought there were possibilities and they werent even close to what we could afford. So Matthew said we should go try the Lemon Lot again. We looked around for a bit and there was this older model Chevy Blazer. I was ify about it cuz it was older but it seemed nice. it started to grow on me cuz it had possibilities. So we called the owner who was a Chief Parker.

Matt thought the name sounded familiar. He got a hold of him and he agreed to come down and bring us the keys. He told us about the truck and stuff and Matt asked him what he did cuz his name sounded familiar to him. Welp, turns out that Chief Parker is the Chief of Maintance which means when Matthew works mantance, he works for him. So that was quite a coincidence. Chief Parker thought Matthew's name was familiar too, even though he has 2500 people (his words, not necessarily accurate) who work for him and he was trying to figure out the name. Matthew told him that he got the William Tell thing and he instantly knew who he was cuz he helped pick the team. So they bonded a little there. I test drove it and it rides really nice and has all new tires and brake pads. I didnt really need to test drive it cuz I already knew I wanted it. For $3500, it wasnt gonna get much better. So we were waiting for him to leave, after telling him we'd take it, cuz mom wanted a pic of me withit and he rolled down his window and asked me if I wanted to drive it home. I couldnt believe it cuz we werent gonna have the money till Tuesday. I asked him if he was sure and he goes, "Yeah, I know where your husband works" So I got to take it home!

We came back with my new car and had supper here. Mom and dad went to Fred Myer to get some coffee and Fruit and Matt and I started up the grill. We had grilled steak and ahmburgers, fruit salad, CHeese mashed potatos, that Matthew made, and green beans. We were stuffed. And we had Moose Tracks ice cream for dessert. And watched the Olympics. Matthew had a couple illegal beers with mom and dad. It was a very good day.

This morning we went to Denny's for breakfast. Then we took them to the airport. Mom cried. I almost did. I could feel it coming, but i didnt. it was hard not to, but I think I am getting better at these good-bye things. It will hit me later. I had a nice week. I remember ed how much I missed having my mommy around though. I knew that would happen. But it was nice to have them see where we live and have them share a little bit of my life up here. And they can rest better knowing that I am settled in here and that it is a nice place to be. ANd i gave them a chance of a lifetime to come up here and spend some time. I think mom is already planning stuff for the next trip up. Maybe Lew or Manda can come with next time. Maybe.

To see pictures click here:

http://www.ofoto.com/BrowsePhotos.jsp?&collid=13890861306

3 comments:

Amanda said...

There are a lot of pictures of Mom taking pictures.

Did you get your hair cut again, or am I just still not used to it?

In those first pictures of M&D, is that your new kitchen table?

A chowder is a subsection of soup. Dictionary.com defines it as: "1. A thick soup containing fish or shellfish, especially clams, and vegetables, such as potatoes and onions, in a milk or tomato base. 2.
A soup similar to this seafood dish: corn chowder."

Ems said...

Yes that is my kitchen table. I couldnt get mom to pose cuz she was taking lots of pictures, and I was right, its because of the seafood and not cuz its creamy. Vindication. Yes.

Amanda said...

I like the table. A lot.

Your welcome. :)