Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

We are all ok

So yesterday was a pretty nasty day. It was 41 degrees and raining, on top of the snow. Now please note that snow removal is pretty minimal here. There are no clear roads, no salt, no sand except at the intersections. So when it rains on the packed down snow in the parking lots... Anyway, I decided to go over to Qdoba to get some guacamole and chips or lunch yesterday, and I slipped and fell (hard) on the ice rink of a parking lot. I was so freaked out. I told Mary that I fell and I a having Matthew com eto get me, and I was going to the hospital. She said ok, and I was off. My abdominl area was cramping, and my hip hurt like a m-fer. So Matthew came to get me, cuz I wasnt going to try to drive, just in case. And I got to spend 4 hours in Labor and Delivery hooked up to a bunch of montors. But everything turned out ok. The nurses kept telling me what a happy baby I had. Oh, he's so happy... And it was kinda fun to watch his little heart rate, and to be able to listen to it for 4 hours. And whenever he would move it would make this loud sound through the doppler so that was fun cuz Matthew got to hear how often he actually moves, not just the ones he could feel. Basically they were watching to see if I started to have contractions. The nurse came in and ask if I had had any, and I was like no, I dont think so. "so you didnt feel anything?" "no, some cramping, but not as bad as my period cramps" "Oh,well, you had a contraction right here...." (points to a big fluctuation on the graph) Oh, really? I guess I missed that one. But it was just the one, so they werent really so concerned, but I have to watch to see if my water breaks in the next couple days, or if there is any bleeding cuz that could mean there was some trauma to the placenta, and of course, if I have anymore contractions. The whole thing was pretty scary. I just kept thinking, what if something happened to him? Just because I wanted some stupid guacamole?

BUT on the bright side, my blood pressure was great, surprising, since I though it would be high since I was so freaked out, but it was a constistant 117/69. Which, I think, goes to show, that it really is because I hate doctors appointments. Cuz its always the first reading when its high, take it again later, when I am sure that you arent going to give me any bad news (I've had a lot of bad news given to me in dr's appointments!) Then it goes back to being fine. I just hate the doctor's office. I guess I feel about that, the way most people feel about the dentist.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

It's a damn good thing you led with your title. My heart is racing.

I keep thinking about calling you, but never when I actually have a few minutes. I'll keep trying to remember.