Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Saturday, February 23, 2008

Off to the hospital...Again

So after work last night, it was off to the Aces' game. I got there, and finally parked and inside with 3 minuts left in the first period. Ok, fine, I can deal with it. And we're playing Las Vegas, which is HUGE rivalry. Huge. Its like Iowa playing Iowa State, its more than a game, there's pride on the line, anyway, I go down to pee during the intermission and I freak out. There is blood in my urine. I thought that it had happened early that morning (like 3 am early), but I was practically asleep so it didnt really register. So anyway, I go up to Matt and tell him I have to go. I have to go to the hosptial NOW. "Do you want me to come with you?" "No you can stay" (more on THAT stupid little gem of an answer later) So I call Labor and Delivery and tell them I was on my way back in. Twice in a week, boy, I am on a ROLL! SO get there and pee in the ol' cup. But they dont seemed too terribly concerned (about Hayden, I mean) so they hook me up to the moitors again, and there he is, my happy little boy, bouncing in his happy little bubble, so I could relax about that. Basically, they dont know why I am bleeding into my bladder, or whatever. It could be a UTI, Kidney issue, Stones... The only thing is that blood is my only symptom. So I am waiting on my test results. Hopefully they call today. I hope its just an infection. The doctor says, that though its rare, I could have a stone and no pain and its rolling around in there, irrating my bladder. Or that I had the stone, the pain wasnt as bad as last time, and I worked through it. They just dont know. All they know for sure is that it isnt trauma (my fall) related or pregnany related, only that it is pregnancy caused. So we will wait for the results... I will keep you updated. But I have to get going to work, so I will address the not leaving the hockey game after I get home. Hopefully I will have some news by then. No worries, Hayden is fine, thats all that really matters to me, besides, I'll be fine.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Oh Matt. If hockey is more important than making sure your wife and your unborn son are okay, your priorities are seriously screwed up.

I'm so sorry you had to go through that alone, sweetie. I hope it turns out to be nothing. Know you're in my prayers.