Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, February 16, 2009

Daddy's come home...

Finally. After a month of waiting Matthew returned yesterday, safe and sound. It is so good to have him back. Hayden reacted just as I figured he would, he cried. He was kinda scared at first. You could tell he knew the voice, but wasnt sure about what the voice was coming out of. But then he grabbed on to Matthew's nose and then he knew who he was, lol. He was a bit unsure all of last night. He was hesitant to go to Matthew. I know it was hard on Matthew, but he handles it well. Then this morning we were all laying in bed and Hayden was in between us, and he looks at me and then over at Matthew for a while. And then back at me like "Is he really still here?" and looks back at Matthew and reaches out and touches him and looks back at me, and then smiles back at Daddy. Like he had to convince himself that Daddy was back. And now all is well. He is laughing and smiling at him. Last night, Hayden wouldnt smile at him. He would just kinda glare, like he was mad at Matthew for not being with us. And Matthew even said "I think he's mad at me." But he seems to be over it now. Matthew is out of Daddy-mode, so we have to get him back into that mindset. And Hayden has new habits and tendencies that he isnt used to. But they will be spending a lot of time together.

The Eye Care place called today and I have an interview. I am pretty excited. I want this so much. Maybe too much. But I am VERY happy that they called. Ok, Matthew is awake now so I will fill you all in on the rest later.

No comments: