Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Finally

Yesterday was a LOOOONG day. Hayden did VERY well. I was so proud of him. He was such a good boy. The first 3 hours of the 5 hour flight to MN flew by (no pun intended) the last hour was tough cuz he wanted to be out of his seat, but that is basically the landing so he had to be in his seat. But we got into MN 45 minutes early. So instead of a four hour layover it was almost five. So we ate and talked and climbed on chairs and slept. He did alright. And then we get boarded onto the flight to Moline and it was taking forever and Hayden was getting restless sitting in his seat (I was pretty sure he was just tired) and I was silently cursing them for taking so long. Turns out it was because of our kitties. It was too cold down in cargo for them, so they flew in the cabin with us. They were good too. They didnt make a sound when they were being brought on board. I guess Jackie freaked out a bit at the beginning when Matthew dropped her off, so they put a sign on the kennel to not put your fingers in cuz she would bite. So while they were bringing the kitties on board the flight attendant thought that the sign was a joke, and I was just sitting there thiking "Its no joke. Ask our movers!" But they are safe and sound at Jim and Laurie's and doing very well there for the time being.

Everyone is asleep here, except for me. I will sleep tonight. I want to try to get adjusted to the time change and that wont happen if I take a nap. I am going to go get adjusted this afternoon, and I need to go to the Post Office. Those are my main objectives for today. Oh, and I need to get a few items like wipes and Misters Detergent. My suitcase was selected by TSA for inspection. The suitcase that had the formula in it. Two brand new cans. I figured they would be fine in the suitcase cuz they were new, so even if the top came off they still had the seal and I wouldnt get all over my clothes and shoes (do you see where I am going with this?) So in their inspection, they opened the can of fomula. Because when I opened my suitcase there was formula (expensive formula) all over my suitcase and everything in it. And I know they opened the can because the seal is completely missing. So it didnt explode or get crushed or anything. They opened it. It pisses me off. It was sealed. X-Ray it if you have to, but that stuff isnt cheap! And now I have to wash all of my undergarments, cuz thats what the suitcase was filled with, that and shoes and appliances and toiletries and formula. Randomly picked, my ass. There was a card on top of everything that said TSA preforms "random" luggage searches and my was "selected". Yeah, it just happened to be the one with the formula. If I had know they were going to tear the seal off, I would have put them in Ziploc bags, like I did the open one. I'm so annoyed.

I guess that is all for now. I am too worn out to do a lot of refelctive thinking and blogging about leaving Alaska. Mostly, I dont have the energy to start geting choked up about leaving and missing Matthew. I have the whole rest of the day to get through.

No comments: