Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, January 19, 2006

Today is going to be a rough day. Smith leaves today for Salt Lake. His term up here is finished. MAtthew is not doing well with it. I'm not really doing well with it. Smitty is downstairs asleep on the couch. I am going to let him sleep a little longer. More so that I can prepare myself, then to let him get more rest. You just dont realize how much someone means to you until you have to say good bye to them. Add on top of that the fact that he means so much to my husband, makes this doubly hard for me. I just want to get this over with, but it is too early to wake him and too early to leave for work. At least there I can keep myself busy and not think about it. I should have waited to do my makeup at work. Oh well, too late now.

I got my evaluatiuon yesterday. It didnt go well. I was disappointed. And a little upset. In my eyes, I am doing so much and that should be praised. In lori's eyes, I am STILL not delegating and doing too much and not anything of the stuff I SHOULD be doing. I can see her point. But she has to understand mine. It got kinda heated. SHe was mad and I was mad and Ralph was kinda stuck in the middle of these fuming females. But we are going to meet in the middle. In a month we are going to come back together and evaluate each other. I will delegate more tasks to my employees and I wuill not be so soft on them, and she will give more direction in where I need to step it up and where I'm doing a good job. So I'll keep ya posted. I should go wake Smitty.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

That's crap. With all the responsibility you have taken on lately, you should not have come out of that meeting disappointed.

That being said, it's a lot easier to focus on what people do wrong, rather than what they do right. When I'm teaching, I try to give as many compliments as I do criticisms, but it's a struggle. Just tell yourself that Lori wants to help you be a better manager and it's because your do such a good job that she expects perfection from you.

My suggestion would be to keep a mental list of what you are doing to delegate, and the things that are out of your control that keep you from delegating. Then you can go back to her and ask her for suggestions on what to do about those things that are out of your control, and that will help you look proactive.

Ems said...

That's a good suggestion. I will keep that in mind. And Lori did say that it is hard for her to give praise for something because she expects 200% perfection on everything. And later she did thank me for everything I do. That did make me feel alittle better.